The Clapp Memorial Library offers the loan of a mobile wi-fi hotspot to patrons ages 16+, limited to one hotspot per household per loan period. Up to 10 devices can be connected to a hotspot at one time.
- Library cardholders in good standing may check out a hotspot for 14 days, no renewals.
- Borrowers must complete and sign the Clapp Memorial Library Hotspot Borrowing Agreement.
- Presentation of a library card is required to check out the hotspot.
- The hotspot must be returned to the Clapp Memorial Library ONLY and handed directly to a circulation staff member. Patron must wait while staff member checks for parts. Book drop returns are not allowed. Hotspots will not be sent through delivery to another library.
- If overdue, the fine is $1 per day. After 5 days, the hotspot will be deactivated and full replacement cost and accessories will be charged to the cardholder’s account.
- The hotspot cannot be “claimed returned.”
In order to promote and facilitate access of this service to Belchertown Patrons, two Hotspots are Walk-In Loan only for patrons with a Clapp Memorial Library card. To support this availability, on returning a Hotspot, Patrons must wait 24 hours before borrowing an additional Hotspot.
Funded by the Friends of the Clapp Memorial Library