The Library offers free use of public computers to our patrons.
- Photocopying is self-service, $.10 per page, black and white only. Double-sided copies $.20 per page.
- Fax service is available at the circulation desk. First page $2.00; each additional page $1.00. Incoming faxes are $1.00 per page and must be picked up the same day the fax is received in the Library. The Library’s fax number is 413-323-0453.
- 5 public internet computers are available on a first-come-first-served basis. A valid library card is required for use and entitles the user to 60 minutes of use per day.
- Use of the library’s computers is subject to the library’s Internet Use Policy.
- Please read the policy by clicking open the toggle below.
- Violation of this agreement will result in loss of computer privileges.
- Printing is available from all public internet stations at $.10 per page. Payment must be made at the circulation desk before copy jobs are released.
- Wireless printing is available at $.10 per page, payable at the circulation desk. Click the link below to start the auto-installer. After auto-installer completes, a Print Client prompt will open on your portable device. The application will disappear once your device has shutdown.
- To run the Print Client, click here.
- Note: To close the Mac Print Client, select “Quit LPT One Mobile Print Client” from the LPT One Mobile Print Client menu.
Use your wireless-enabled device to gain access to the Internet for web browsing or email.
There is wireless printing capability with our wireless network.
Email your questions or comments to email@example.com.
- There are no time limits to access. The access is available when the library is open.
- Illegal or inappropriate use of the Internet is not permitted. Persons displaying inappropriate images in view of others will be asked to leave the Library. (Ask the Reference Librarian for the entire Internet Policy.)
- The Library’s wireless network is not secure.
- Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- The Library cannot assure the safety of your data when you use our wireless Internet access.
Click on the Wireless networks detected message in the lower right corner of the desktop. (If this message is not present, right-click the Wireless Network Connection icon in the system tray, and then click View Available Wireless Networks.)
Click LibraryPublicHotspot then click Continue.
Click Connect Anyway to the unsecured network notification message.
From the Control Panel, select Network and Dial-up connections or Network and Internet Connections.
Right-click on Wireless Network Connection or Local Area Connection and click on Properties.
Locate the Internet TCP/IP protocol and open up Properties. If more than one TCP/IP protocol is listed, look for the one associated with your wireless adapter.
Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Double click Network on the Control Panel.
Locate the TCP/IP protocol and double click on Properties. If more than one TCP/IP protocol is listed, look for the one associated with your wireless adapter.
Select Obtain an IP address from a DHCP server and click OK.
From the Control Panel, select Internet Options, then click on the Connections tab. If you also have a dial up connection, it should not be set to Always dial my default connection. LAN Settings should be Automatically detect settings. And leave the Proxy server settings blank.
Select Apple Menu, then System Preference, then Network button.
Select TCP/IP tab and configure Using DHCP.
Above the TCP/IP tab, you may need to configure via AirPort or other wireless (WiFi) Ethernet.
Leave Domain Name Servers and Search Domains blank.
Click on the Signal Strength icon ( ) in top right corner and select LibraryPublicHotspot.